Sunday, May 17, 2009

Deal of the Day

Yesterday, I went with Heather to a flea market at the Wiesbaden International School which happens to be located in our village (no, we couldn't afford to send our kids to such a place--it would be like paying college tuition every year!). It was such a treat to be in an English speaking environment, and people were selling great English kids books and clothes for rock-bottom prices. Let's just say, I could have spent a lot more than I did! Last night, my husband and I finally decided we'd buy a train table with trundle drawers from a couple who'd given me their phone number in case we wanted it. All it took was looking through the last Pottery Barn Kids catalog I have (while I was trying to decide on paint colors for the girls' room at our next house). I saw their train table painted white with little chalkboard signs on each drawer for $349!

Who says it has to hold trains? We actually have trains and doll houses that would work well on this table in our new play room. So I checked for the price of this particular brand of train table online. The best I found for it new with 2 drawers was $250. It looks very similar to this:

So, I realize I'm not getting PBK. But wait and see what may come of this great deal for 30 Euros (about $38) with a little paint! We love it when we get vision for things, and see God's hand of provision!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great deal!!!! I just (5 minutes ago) stained a garage sale Train table we got for $20...it's not as cute as the deal you found, but it'll do!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...