Monday, April 11, 2011

Pillowcase Lampshade

Recently I bought an IKEA duvet that I’d been eyeing when it went on sale for 20Euro. Yet it has led me to change up my guest room décor quite a bit. All of the sudden I’m figuring out how to make it work! Maybe you know the feeling.

DSCF8917

Thankfully, one fast changeover came to mind before our last guests arrived. I had been waiting to print some graphic on fabric before recovering this lampshade, but I didn’t have time for that. Instead I pulled out an old pillowcase.

DSCF8920

I ironed the pillowcase several times, and those wrinkles from who knows how many years wanted to stay! Regardless, I cut the case the length of the shade plus enough to make a  ruffle at the top. This way I could gather it to fit the shade.

DSCF8954

Pretty fast and simple!

DSCF8950

The Girl CreativeSharing at these craft “parties”:New Look Button

1 comment:

  1. That is really neat. Such a nice way to show of old hand crafts too. Thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...