Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pillows Part 3: Don’t Forget Alaska

If' you’re curious why this is part 3, check out part 1 and 2!

Sometimes I think I should name my blog “Sew Imperfect”, but I’m sure that’s someone else’s blog already. Thankfully all the mess-ups in my crafting adventures haven’t stopped me yet. And every now and then I have a moment when it all comes together with nearly no hitches. This pillow was one of those!  Check out my new favorite pillow:

DSCF9951

You can find the tutorial for this pillow at kiki creates. She includes a template of the map that fits on a normal size piece of felt, but you could use any fabric. I was about to start sewing it on and not include a heart {like Kiki did} since we have family in many places. Then my husband requested I include Alaska where he grew up and his mom currently resides. I chose an image on Google that looked simple enough to sew around. Alaska’s placement was a little tricky on my pillow—it looked funny floating where it geographically is. So, as it is on many maps, Alaska seems to be more tropical. {Sorry Hawaii, you didn’t make the cut. I know those of us from the “Lower 48” often don’t understand.}

DSCF9949

This pillow gives me hope for future felt and applique projects. I learned I did best when I went very slowly or hand cranked my sewing machine to make all the turns.

DSCF9941

So, the new pillow crew is done, at least for now!

DSCF9940

Sharing this at:  Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

3 comments:

  1. This one made me chuckle! SEW cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni! Such cool prints-and that US pillow is great! if portugal wasn't too far to open an etsy shop...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It came out really cute!! I am visiting from Tatertots and Jello and I am a new follower!! I would love if you would come link this up today or tomorrow morning at my Delicately Constructed linky party!
    Hope you have a great weekend!!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...