Thursday, June 17, 2010

It’s Been a Year

Yesterday marked one year since we drove out of Germany. I don’t really like to remember the craziness of our exit (ie: many things not fitting on the moving truck, us packing every inch of our car, …

DSCF4006

…tears finally coming as I drive across the border into France while everyone else is asleep in the car {sadness over leaving Germany--I really like France})

DSCF4109

and our entrance into Portugal (ie: all of boxes put in our house in such a way that we couldn’t enter the living room or bedrooms, no hot water for 2 weeks,…).

DSCF4110

It’s good to remember the good times too on that trip and how God has taken care of us so well in this adjustment. I hope you’ve seen a glimpse of that in my blogging over the past year!

Strange enough, we were doing some shopping for the retreat center yesterday and went to Media Markt in Lisbon. Media Markt is Germany’s version of Best Buy but all over Europe. It was my first time to go to one in Portugal. And yes, it made me miss Germany! Then we’re walking out to the car and see this (a hot dog stand I think):

DSCF6874

Oh, how my worlds collide! Just the perfect picture icing on the cake to commemorate our transition. June 20th is not only Father’s Day (for Americans)and our 12 year anniversary, but also one year of living here. It feels nice to have one year in my back pocket! Thanks again to everyone who’s prayed for us and helped and supported us through it all!

2 comments:

  1. I have a day like that coming up now towards the end of this month. The 26 th of June is my youngest daughters 1st birthday and also the day I can celebrate (mourn) moving to the USA four years ago.
    Germany is really neat. I have only been to Koeln and Frankfurt, but I enjoyed both places. It is always fun to practice the languages that I had to learn in school.
    I have also been to Lisbon, but that was 7 years ago. Loved it too and would like to go back again soon.
    Thank you for your lovely comment and for becomming a follower of my blog. I am now a follower of your as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day to Scott and Happy 12th Anniversary to you both! I hope it's a blessed one. 12 years...it's a gift I'm praising God for too. Happy Anniversary to your 1 year of living in Portugal as well. You have much to celebrate and I'm glad I get to rejoice with you in this small way. Thank God for technology. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...