Sunday, May 16, 2010

Apple of Your Eye

This week I found some amazing blogs and websites for preschool and kindergarten homeschooling with a definite Godly influence! (Click on the buttons for the links.)

abc button

coahbutton
totally tots

One of the ideas I started using right away was memory verses for each letter of the alphabet. We just finished going through the alphabet (about 1-2 letters per week), so it’s fun to have new material to put to use as we start over!

The verse for A was “Keep me as the apple of your eye…” Psalm 17:8.  Ever noticed you can see yourself in another’s pupil (apple of their eye) when you look in their eyes? This is what I explained to the girls--that this verse reminds us that we are always in God’s sight.

Today for our church time at home, we included this verse and a small craft to remind us of this truth. Based on the Totally Tots idea of an eye with an apple in the middle of the pupil, I printed out a large picture of an eye, the memory verse and then pictures of the girls cut in a circle for them to glue to the pupil. The girls glued each section on a piece of card stock and colored the iris (colored part of the eye). They promptly went to hang their reminders in their rooms by their beds!

DSCF6568 DSCF6569

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One more recommendation to check out:  Songs for Saplings are songs of the alphabet verses listed on Totally Tots. We downloaded them on iTunes, and our girls are singing the songs (Scriptures) already! (See the In My Heart page for the link.) Worth every penny!

2 comments:

  1. I don't have preschoolers any more (pout), but I love these ideas! I'll have to pass these along to some of our teachers at church.
    How I pray my teens get that they are the apple of God's eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking to me, glad you like my blog, that's so nice of you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...