Last year, we buried two buckets full of dirt and mint in our garden, hoping to let the mint have more space and still be contained. It thrived for the most part, but later we discovered it had hopped out of it’s boundaries! Amazing how such a wonderful plant can take over!
We decided to try something different rather than the mint being bound to pots this year. They don’t seem to do as well for me there—probably my lack of watering!
My husband dug a small pit under the ladder to the kids’ playhouse, next to our bunny cage. He lined the pit with weed barrier, filled it back in with dirt, and started putting all our potted mint plants into this new bed. There were several different varieties of mint, but I didn’t mind them growing with one another.
Here is the mint bed about a month later. We collected bigger rocks from various beaches we’ve been to here to edge the bed. It is filling in nicely!
Now we’ve got to attend to the grass problem--the sprinkler hidden in the corner there is not reaching the grass. My husband is such a good sport to continually tackle keeping the yard watered!
Our bunny is not complaining about this new treat next to the cage. Thankfully she cannot reach all of it!